Friday, May 25, 2012

How To Build an Emergency Fire: No Matches or Lighter!

I've been researching different ways to build fires and this one really intrigued me. I saw this way on "Man, Woman, Wild" and I was like, "There is NO way it's really that easy!" Hahah. They just held a 9 volt battery up to some steel wool and it started a fire. The steel wool acts as a resistor, and it turns red hot and starts to smoke. It was pretty dang cool! So...the survival freak that I am, I just had to try it out. Okay...so, I made my HUSBAND try it out. That way I could take pictures to share with you! (Thanks, Mike...you are such a trooper!)

     


 
 
He's laughing because I said, "Ug. Man make fire." He looked like a caveman crouched next to the fire pit!
 

 Nice, huh? I don't know how many people actually carry around 9 volt batteries and steel wool with them...but you never know. Someday, this might come in handy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Never want to miss a post? Follow me! :)
Look on the sidebar for different ways to tag along.


2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you had this blog! How fun! Why don't you come do a guest post on my blog?

    ReplyDelete